Thursday 13 December 2007

Initial Ideas.........



When first looking at the brief I instantly thought of Flash, websites and viral games, which was something I wanted to avoid!!!!

Once i got passed the intial and obvious thoughts, i went deeper into thought, which took me back to the guest speakers we have had in during the future design project.

SIMON MORSE and SOHEILA SOKHANVARI in particular..

Simon's work had a running theme of human interactivity. His work itself wasnt obviousely interactive, but its messages and meaning lay in human interactivity. More so in his earlier work. One peice was basic icons that represented an office and showed routes of each person. He also did similar stuff but on the theme of choice using a flow diagram.

I especially liked Soheila's style of work. Her themes where around human conditioning. She would set up installations and sometimes participate, and observe how the public interacted and reacted. She wasnt trying to put her own messages in her work, but more so let it take its own course and observe the results.

This is a concept I really like and want an aspect of my project to incluse social experiments.

No comments: