Thursday 22 May 2008

EXAM PROJECT - So Far.......

For my end of year project, i have decided to make a sound piece.

The piece will be more ambient and sensual, rather than melodic tunes and tight rhythms.

The track will be representing technology of the internet as a huge kind of monster/creature/beast. The piece will show the progression of this beast being dormant(sleeping), but then arising and unleashing itself on the world. It will be kind of mimicking the story of Godzilla or Cthuhlu, arising and attacking the world.

I intend to use sounds found by myself on the internet, as well as from old horror movies such as Frankenstein and Godzilla. I'm also creating sounds using live instruments, as well as using Midi. I will use several music programs to create it. The main one being 'REASON'.

I did think of using visuals, but after thinking it over and discussing it with my tutor, i thought best to focus on just the sound, and make it really strong.

1 comment:

kristos said...

please post up one of the nets i emailed you its for my project, safe