Friday 18 January 2008

Evaluation

Overall I’m very happy with this project. I feel like I found a really interesting theme around interactivity. I myself thoroughly enjoyed working on this subject. I collated good research around my chosen topic ‘Toilet Graffiti.’ Looking at the psychology behind it and also getting first hand research by taking photo’s around pub toilets. I also created a group on facebook to get my friends to send me photos too. This was great for building material to work with. Over time my research had broadened to areas such as identity, billboard advertisement and digital Media art piece’s concerning this topic.
I believe my concept of interactivity that I explored was a solid idea. Based around the themes of anonymous detached communication on human interactivity. My installation proposal accumulates my research and themes from throughout the project. I was also rather pleased with my interactive show reel made in Flash. I had had only a limited amount of time on computer software towards the end which made it hard, but it was accomplished and works fine.

If I had more time I would have liked to of been able to actually create my installation and see the outcomes, and hopefully take it further. I would also have liked to of made my interactive show reel allot more cleverly interactive. As I kept it rather simple due to time and technical capabilities. . I would then like at some later point put it on the internet and allow people to upload and view photos of it, collecting an archive of Latrinalia (the term given to toilet graffiti). I did try to start conversations in toilets for research but it was unsuccessful. So that would definitely something I would like to able to do properly and see where that could have taken me.

No comments: