Thursday 28 February 2008

Fear and Loathing

I want to make this animation a little bit different from the obvious way to react to the brief. Eg. Not a man walking around – zooms into his brain that show his fears and aspirations ect....
I want my character to be someone that is abit dark and messed up. Someone like Rorschach from the Watchmen or Patrick Bateman from American Psyco. I would like to incorporate the idea of conspiracy and paranoia.

Paranoia
- anxiety - irrationality
- delusion - a threat

Greek original translation
= simply means madness. (para=outside: nous = mind)


After speaking with Dan about my direction he told me look at the following.
- Rear window ; Hitchock.
- Stressed Eric.
- Memento.
- German Expressionism.
- Noh theatre
- Jan Svankmeijer.
- Chris Morris, ‘My wrongs

No comments: