Thursday 28 February 2008

Tom waites - Whats he building in there?

This music video by Tom Waites is a massive inspiration to the direction I want to take my project. Recommended by Collin, thank you Collin!
Everything is spooky and haunting, the music , visuals, his voice.
The piece is about a man , and someone is giving an account of him. These fatcs come through peoples own takes and of apprentaly what they’ve seen or heard about him. I love the idea of people conspiring behind this persons back. Chinese whispers, rumours, misconceptions.
They state they deserve to know what he’s doing. I really like the use of visuals. Almost looks like still photographs, but is infact video. Considering using still photographs in my animation.
- A character portrayal through other peoples views and experiences. Could be fabricated lies or the truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMqxNPsfN50

No comments: