Thursday 8 November 2007

Change of 'Hands'!!!

Okaaaaay....

Whilst doing more research ive come with a new idea and concept for my project, and im seriousely considering changing to it! my reasons are that im struggling to get my previouse idea down, and keep finding it hard to nail down.

After reading an article called 'Machines powered by heart muscles,' and 'Playing Piano with a robotic hand,' I came up with this concept.......

My idea is gloves that can control your hand movement and can trigger certain movements in the hand. The gloves will have updatable software and instructions for different uses .

An example could be you want to learn to play a certain peice of Mozart music for piano. You then download or purchase the information/instructions and apply it to your gloves software. From here you place your hands over the piano, and the gloves will then enable you to play that certain peice of music.

I then had to ask myself, why would i want an invention that enables you play any peice of music without ever hearing it? I myself heavily believe in learning the fundamentals in music, and am against things (to an extent) that enables you to make music without knowing much about music.. But i thought my gloves idea could enable people to learn instruments and peices of music in a different form of learning.

I myself when learning to play the cello, would find if i heard the peice of music played first and saw the certain fingering and bowing physically, i would benefit much more than spending an hour trying to read it straight from the music score. Once i knew how it should sound, i would use the music score as more of a guideline to trigger my memory responses. So thats where my gloves come in.....

With them they would enable people that have learning disabilitys or want a different way to learn music in a physical and visual form.

No comments: