Monday 5 November 2007

ok... its been a while!!

During the past 2 weeks i had my ideas presentation to the class. i thought it went well, considering i hadn't really prepared for it and was the only the person not to use powerpoint. people seemed interested in my ideas and gave alot of great input and suggestions. it made me especially happy that not one person said "hasnt that already sort of been done?"

doing my presentation made me realise not to always think in a conventional way, such as using powerpoint and using slides! I literally jotted a few notes 10 mintues before i did it, and i think it went alot better than it would have if i'd heavily prepared for it! think outside the box man!!!radical, boxfresh, daniel on ice, natasha on gravel, me on you?

That day we had a guest speaker in , lets just call her (Miss X) for the moment! she was a interactive conseptual digital artist. her ideas where around the idea of human conditioning, and how mankind wants to destroy! she talked to us about some of her installations and i found her work and ideas very inspiring and interesting. she said that she wasnt trying to impose her ideas on people, but just see how people react to certain situations. a silent/invisible observer.

she really liked my ideas and had lots of feedback on areas for me to further my research.
- John Cage
- Earl Brown
- Christopher Wolf
- Black Mountain School
- Modern jazz
- Experimental

No comments: